Sunday, June 29, 2008

uhhh, let's wait on the Six Flags idea

holy crap!

a 17 year old was decapitated at Six Flags over Georgia after he entered restricted zones to try and retrieve a hat he lost while riding the Batman ride. apparently, the ride itself hit it's full speed of 50mph as it hit the victim.

holy crap!

remember that girl who had her feet amputated by the Superman ride a few years back in Kentucky?

holy crap!

ohh, they also released more news. in May 2002, yet another death occurred at Six Flags over Georgia when a groundskeeper entered the restricted zones at the Batman ride and was hit by the ride.

holy crap!

i realize these 2 deaths have complete idiots to blame. restricted = bad.

but what about the girl who lost her legs? wasn't her fault at all!
ohh yeah...they were able to attach one of her feet back. i'm sure she's thrilled.

i don't think i'm too excited to go to Six Flags anytime soon.

this is too much. decapitated? uhh, i'm not sure i ever wanna go back to Six Flags. talk about some bad energy. no thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not really sure who thinks lining up over and over in the scorching heat for a mildly amusing experience is *that* fun anyway. I mean, there's a certain mathematical equation proving that the as temperature (represented by T) increases and the length of the wait (represented by W) totally has an effect on the level of enjoyment (represented by E).
I'd love to map that equation out for you but it's 7:30 a.m. and I'm not able to see straight yet.

On a serious note, I think we should all take note that RESTRICTED can mean You Will LOSE a BODY PART. I guess they just skimped on the signage and thought one word would be sufficient. :-o

Most of the time I figured the food poisoning was the biggest danger at those places.... a RESTRICTED sign might be welcome in front of all food service areas.

I wonder if another sensory experience might prove to be therapeutic/celebratory when you're in this state? What types of things make you feel calmer? Would playing with wet sand help or listening to ocean waves? Do you appreciate deep pressure like heavy blankets or being wrapped up really tight? My son likes to be in small spaces or have giant beanbags smooshed on top of him. Sometimes I put on a couple pair of really tight socks. Something about having my feet squeezed helps calm me down.

Anyway-just a thought. You can sort of explore this a little bit and maybe make a list of little "odd" things that bring you comfort and maybe help you get through tough moment. And maybe also a list of some bigger ideas of sensory input that require more effort that you could experience when you aren't in crisis mode.

Sending you lots of love!

Cyn

mandymcgrew said...

This sounds like one for the Darwin awards. We went to Six Flags in May and it was awesome. I didn't lose any body parts and neither did anyone in my family. I even took my four-year-old on the Mindbender and the Scream Machine and he was totally fine. He even commented on a "silly guy" who lost his hat on the Superman ride. He asked how he was going to get it back and I told him he wasn't. I don't think I'll tell him about the decapitation . . .


It's Only a Blog

my name is Sam. if you're here, please leave a comment and say hi, tell me how wrong i am, or where the nearest bridge you think i should jump off is. personally, i come here after some issue or concern has taken control, leaving me out in the cold with no other option. i urge you to do the same. i may not like what you have to say, but we all have to remember...it's only a blog. if you like what you find here, just know...stay with me long enough and it's highly likely i will offend you. that being said, thank you for visiting and i hope you come back soon.

Search This Blog