Friday, July 20, 2007

Geeky Potter And Death Of Puberty

so working at a hip costume shop has it's upsides...and downsides.

thanks to the final Harry Potter waste of trees in hardback coming to bookshelves in less than a half hour (eastern time), i get a lot of people at work who walk in and want Harry Potter hats, Harry Potter glasses, Harry Potter magic wands, Harry Potter ties, and Harry Potter bowel movements.

i love my job and i love the customers. but these special edition Harry Potter geekazoids walk in and tell you they wanna dress up like: Sirius, Regulus, Rubeus, and Morpheus...ohh wait, that's "The Matrix"...pardon me, i forgot my puberty at the door.

these people are not regular people...see, they EXPECT you to know EVERY character in EVERY book.

and when, today for example, an obnoxious woman produces a picture of what appeared to be a scruffy homeless man i used to see walking around in Waikiki...i was at a lost for words when she noticed my blank look and said, "It's Sirius!". hmmmm, okay...well, i know it's serious! the homeless in America is a serious problem if ya ask me!

0 comments:


It's Only a Blog

my name is Sam. if you're here, please leave a comment and say hi, tell me how wrong i am, or where the nearest bridge you think i should jump off is. personally, i come here after some issue or concern has taken control, leaving me out in the cold with no other option. i urge you to do the same. i may not like what you have to say, but we all have to remember...it's only a blog. if you like what you find here, just know...stay with me long enough and it's highly likely i will offend you. that being said, thank you for visiting and i hope you come back soon.

Search This Blog